We are requesting proposals for half-day, full-day, or two-day workshops to occur either before (Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th) or after (Saturday 12th) the conference.
DEADLINE: May 15th
We are requesting proposals for half-day, full-day, or two-day workshops, short courses or training in field techniques. Workshops can be given in English, Spanish or Portuguese, but we suggest the use of English.
Proposals for workshops should be written in English, and be a maximum of two pages (Word or PDF). Proposals should specify the following:
- Type of event (workshop, courses, field techniques) and title
- Name, affiliation, and contact information for the organizer(s)
- Length of the event (half-day, full-day, two-day) and desired dates
- Maximum and minimum number of participants, and cost, if any, to each participant
- Summary of objectives and syllabus of topics to be covered
- Experience of the organizer(s) related to the topic and any prior experience teaching said topic
- Justification for the event (i.e., why it should be interesting for the people attending the conference)
- Equipment and facilities needed to run the event
Send this information as a single .pdf or .doc file. Please name the file with last name and the initials of applicant, e.g., “FernandezAR.pdf”. Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2017. On the subject of your email you should specify CALL FOR WORKSHOPS and your last name (i.e., the name of the organizer of the workshop).